Recover Laboratory: MÖNTTILAIVA (scroll down for gallery)
Mönttilaiva welcomes all kids and the young at heart to engage in a creative play!
Mönttilaiva is an immersive live-installation, in which you can find minimalistic white lump-like sculptures (Mönttis) and glittering jellyfish swimming in the air. Mönttilaiva is like an underwater dreamland with its’ blue and turquoise light, underwater videoprojections and soothing sounds.
At regular intervals there is a hoop manipulation and live drum performance in the installation. The performance is suitable for children.
In its’ light minimalism the works allows the visitor to create their own stories and atmosphere. You can try hoops, dance with the jelly fish and gently caress the friendly, humming Möntti-sculptures.
Texts in the video in English:
– Welcome to an underwater wonderland!
– Jellyfish swimming in the air!
– Lump-like sculptures that hum softly!
– An underwater light and sound atmosphere
– Mönttilaiva welcomes kids and the young at heart to a creative play!
It is an interactive art installation, that can be built into any kind of space available. There is a hoop manipulation and live drum performance in Mönttilaiva at regular intervals.
– You can touch and try everything!
– Technical requirements: You only need a space (about 10–50m2) and electricity, we bring everything else!
-Contact us! We will be happy to cater to your specific needs.
Inna Huttunen / Recover Laboratory
+358 40 744 9133
Video: Iida-Liina Linnea & Sofi Häkkinen
Music: Otto Mikkonen
Performers: Miradonna Sirkka & Aleksi Kinnunen
c/2018 Recover Laboratory
Pictures of Mönttilaiva in Suomenlinna /Viaporin Kekri 2017